The primary purposes of the Coach/Advisor (CAPES) Performance Evaluation System are to:
- Optimize individual and group student learning and growth
- Contribute to successful achievement of the individual and group goals and objectives defined in the vision, mission and goals of the school district
- Provide a basis for leadership improvement through productive extracurricular leadership performance appraisal and professional growth
- Promote collaboration between the extracurricular leaders and evaluators, promoting self-growth, leadership effectiveness and improvement of overall job performance.
- Program Planning
- Application of Professional Knowledge
- Assessment For and OF Program Growth and Development
- Communication, Climate and Culture
The distinguishing characteristics of CAPES include:
- Benchmark behaviors for each of the extracurricular leader performance standards
- A focus on the relationship between extracurricular leader performance and improved individual and group student learning and growth
- The use of multiple data sources for documenting performance, including opportunities for extracurricular leaders to present evidence of their own performance, as well as student growth
- A procedure for conducting performance reviews that stresses accountability, promotes professional improvement, and increases extracurricular leaders’ involvement in the evaluation process
- A support system for providing assistance when needed.
Watch an overview of the system here: CAPES Overview