The Educational Specialist Performance Evaluation System (ESPES) serves the following:
Pupil Personnel Services: School Counselors, School Nurses, School Psychologists, School Social Workers
Instructional Support Services: Library Media Specialists, Instructional Technology Specialists, Instructional / Learning Coaches.
Special Education Services: Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Autism Support Specialists, Speech and Language Specialists
The primary purposes of the Educational Specialist Performance Evaluation System (ESPES) are to:
- Optimize student learning and growth
- Improve the quality of instruction by ensuring accountability for classroom/learner performance and educational specialist effectiveness
- Contribute to successful achievement of the goals and objectives defined in the vision, mission, and goals of the school district
- Provide a basis for instructional improvement through productive educational specialist performance appraisal and professional growth
- Implement a performance evaluation system that promotes trust and a collaborative partnership between the educational specialist and their evaluator promoting self-reflection, professional growth, instructional effectiveness, and improvement of overall job performance
- Professional Knowledge
- Communication & Collaboration
- Program Planning & Management
- Program Delivery
- A focus on the relationship between professional performance and improved learner academic achievement
- Sample performance indicators for each of the educator performance standards including job specific performance indicators.
- A system for documenting educator performance based on multiple data sources
- A procedure for conducting performance reviews that stresses accountability, promotes professional improvement, and increases the involvement of educators in the evaluation process
- A support system for providing assistance when needed.