The Right Work.... Effective administrators in every district
Central Office Administrators include Directors of: Business, Curriculum and Instruction, Facilities, Human Resources, Pupil Services/Special Education, and Technology.
The primary purposes of the Central Office Performance Evaluation System (COPES) are to:
- improve district quality by ensuring accountability for overall performance.
- contribute to successful achievement of the goals and objectives defined in the vision, mission, and goals of the school district;
- provide a basis for improvement through productive central office administrator performance appraisal and professional growth; and
- encourage collaboration between the central office administrator and their evaluator, and promote self-growth, leadership effectiveness, and improvement of overall job performance.
- Mission, Vision & Goals
- Planning & Analysis
- Human Resources / Instructional Leadership
- Organizational Management
- Communication & Community Relationships
- benchmark behaviors for each of the central office administrator performance standards;
- a focus on the relationship between central office administrator performance and improved district achievement;
- the use of multiple data sources for documenting performance, including opportunities for central office administrators to present evidence of their own performance;
- a procedure for conducting performance reviews that stresses accountability, promotes professional improvement, and increases central office administrators' involvement in the evaluation process; and
- a support system for providing assistance when needed.