The Right Work.... Effective paraprofessionals
An evaluation process serving our Non-certified staff including:
- Administrative Assistants / Secretaries
- Special Education Paraprofessionals
- General Paraprofessional / Aides
- Food Service Staff
- Maintenance / Custodial Staff
- Library Aides
The primary purposes of the Non-Certified Support Staff Performance Evaluation System (NCSPES) are to:
- improve district quality by ensuring accountability for overall performance of non-certified support staff
- provide a means for non-certified staff to set goals and contribute to successful achievement of the vision, mission, and goals of their school and school district.
- provide clear expectations for effective work performance for non-certified staff.
- promote self-growth, reflection,and improvement of overall job performance
- encourage collaboration between the non-certified support staff employees and their evaluator.
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
This NCSPES evaluation system includes the following distinguishing characteristics:
- benchmark behaviors for each of the non-certified support staff performance standards;
- a focus on the relationship between the non-certified support staff performance and improved district achievement;
- the use of multiple data sources for documenting performance, including opportunities for non-certified support staff to present evidence of their own performance;
- a procedure for conducting performance reviews that stresses accountability, promotes improvement, and increases non-certified support staff involvement in the evaluation process; and
- a support system for providing assistance when needed.
The NCSPES model can be used by any district, regardless of what evaluation system is being used with certified staff.