A Due Date can be set through Form Settings or Detail View.
When setting a due date via Form Settings you will be assigning the same due date for all users with the corresponding evaluation of a specific form. Only administrators with specific level rights can set dates on a form.
Option 1: Setting Due Date using Form Settings
The default value for this setting is BLANK. A due date can be added to alert end users and admins that the form is overdue. Upon the arrival of the date entered in the field a visual indicator (red circle with exclamation point) will display in the Process, Admin, and Detail view for the administrator and on the LearningPlan tab for the end user to alert them that the form is past due. If adding a due date in the District Process of the Component Manager click on the edit pencil for the form you wish to assign a due date. Click the form settings tab and locate the Due date field. Enter the desired due date. Remember this date will need to be adjusted, if appropriate, on a yearly basis.
Option 2: Setting a Due Date using Detail View (this can be done by anyone or has evaluator rights)
1. In Detail View, filter by the drop down filters at the top of the screen. In the drop down for component(s) you will need to select all the components with the appropriate name as the same component name is in multiple evaluation types. Next, when you select the forms you will need to click on all forms with the name you are looking to assign a due date to.
2. Then, select the checkbox(s) next to the forms you wish to assign. If you wish to assign a due date for all forms you filtered for, check the box next to “Element” and all elements will be selected. REMEMBER: If you have a more than 50 forms that are selected you will want to go to the bottom of the page and increase the number of forms to include all forms you will select.
3. Once you select the components the “Actions” button will appear. Click on the “Actions” button to display the options and select “Set Due Date.”
4. The Set Due Date option will appear. Select the due date for the form from the calendar icon.
5. You can now create a filtered view in the Detail View to see the Element Due Date. This feature is under the column filters list.
6. The red exclamation mark will appear in the Process View, Detail View, and Admin View once the due date has arrived. If you hover over the exclamation mark in either the Detail View or Admin View it will tell you the due date of the form.
7. From the ADMIN VIEW, evaluators can filter for Items Past Due. From the VIEWS drop down, select Elements Past Due. Forms that are past due then appear in the list below.
8. On the user’s Learning Plan a red exclamation mark will appear once the due date has arrived. Hovering over the red exclamation mark will indicate the due date of the form as well as the date being identified within the actionable component.
Please remember that the due date will need to be changed, if appropriate, on an annual basis.
Deleting Due Dates
Due dates can be set in Detail View or Form Settings. If you set a due date in Detail View the following explains how to delete the due date because it will appear in the consecutive years:
Navigate to Detail View. Go to any column and delete some columns you don't need (this will allow for additional columns to be added and viewed) and then make sure to enable the "Element Due Date" column:
If elements have due dates, they will appear in this column.
Select the records that need their due date "removed"
Go to Actions
Choose "set due date". Leave this blank, and click submit.
Let the system refresh for several seconds.
You should see the element due date column blank (dates removed)
If you want to remove due date if added via form setting you need to go into evaluation type/s and then clear out the date in the field Due Date.